The Future Of Robots In Travel Industry – Robots Overtaking human Capability in Travelling and Hospitality

Will robots have an impact on the tourism industry in the future?

Robots come in many designs and perform tasks that range from surveillance and warehouse logistics to teaching and performing surgery. But recent advancements in robotics have allowed them to assume human functions and roles that we hardly thought possible. How about having a robot for a tour guide? Or a TV presenter? Artificial intelligence is gradually giving robots the ability to learn and adapt – which means they’re becoming more like us.

Robotic Tourism

Machines are slowly taking up tasks once reserved for humans. Customer service and satisfaction are the endgames in the hospitality industry, and what better to cater to your needs than an inexhaustible programmable automaton. Machines could build staff hotels entirely in the future. Starting with realistic-looking cyborgs welcoming guests at the front desk, checking in will be done via a self-service kiosk which includes facial authentication for keyless entry. An electric Porter will carry luggage while leading the way to the guests’ room. Smart room controls detect motion and adjust lighting and temperature accordingly. Items may be bought or requested and will be delivered directly to the rooms. With a phone call notifying guests that their items have arrived room controls could also be programmed to provide wake-up calls. Smart window displays could be incorporated to provide guests with information relevant to their trip. Likewise, robots will be in charge of housekeeping tidying up rooms quickly and efficiently. soon even meals will be prepared by programmable robot arms and then served by robotic waiters. A robot concierge will also be on-hand 24/7 to answer guests’ questions and help with booking and arrangements.

Would the public want to be served by robots?

According to research, 73% of people don’t think that the industry will benefit from having robots because they take jobs away from people, and it will lack in the human touch. The other 27% think that the robots will provide a faster and smoother service and will be a new experience that everyone would enjoy. Three-quarters of the participants thought spending millions of pounds into creating these robots won’t be worth the money due to already having human beings do the jobs. Therefore there is no point in creating robots that will do the same thing and cost more money.

On the other hand, the other quarter agreed with spending money on creating new robots because they think that advanced technology is essential for a country’s development.

Some of the answers also said that humans are easier to interact with as they could understand them better than the robotic device. Having an artificial intelligence device such as robots within the tourism industry will have several benefits and many negative points.


The positive effect of having a robot be part of an organization is that they can be bilingual, which will make it easier to communicate with a variety of tourists. It also helps the chatting in the guests as well as carrying out tasks which humans usually do. Another positive effect it could give is attracting more tourists to the organization and the area due to having a new experience.

Disadvantages: The negative effect of this is that they can replace jobs.

For the robot to be successful up within the tourism industry in the future, they should continue to test them out in various organizations within the industry. And also need to make sure it satisfies the customer’s needs as their experience matters the most. Creating a robotic device could potentially attract more customers into the business instead of booking a holiday online because it is a somewhat different experience. If proven successful, there’ll be a possibility that robots could make more of an appearance in the future. All the researched information and the data conducted show that robots could be the face of our future and make an appearance in many organizations. However, many of the survey participants were against the idea of having robots within the industry due to the lack of human touch. Despite being costly to create, the robots could succeed and bring more money into the industry due to attracting more tourists into the area. They’ll want to experience a different type of service.